Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Unintentional Neglect

“I’ve got these ideas, man, BURNING through my skull!”

Okay, I just want to say that even though I haven’t posted anything in almost a month, it’s not because I don’t have things on my mind, or strange happenings going on. I do, and I’ve been writing bits of them here and there.

“How was work today, honey?”
“Eh, work’s work.”

It’s just that I don’t have an internet connection at home, so I usually do all my writing and posting at work, and work (despite a slowness over the past three months that would make Pope John Paul II seem as speedy as Carl Lewis) has been very busy since early December.

“And what’s in it for you, buster?”
“45 minutes, all to myself.”

So, for today at least, I’ve finally got some free time to spend in front of my computer, so I hope to start hammering out some of these half-finished blogs that I’ve written over the past five weeks. There’s a chance that some of them might be a little past their expiration date (considering the timeliness of the events that have lead up to these ideas), but I assure you that the ideas are still fresh, and none have curdled.

“First, let me assure you that I am alive and well. I have been living happily these past eight months in the year 1885…[and] I’ve gotten quite adept at shoeing horses and fixing wagons.”

And in case you’re wondering, I’ve spent these past few weeks celebrating the holidays with family, watching football with friends, and becoming better acquainted with my Xbox. All, in all, despite the relatively few words which have been written about it (less infact than what has been written on the childhood of Christ), it has been a remarkable and relaxing past few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home